Frankford Arsenal Cartridge Overall Length Gauge 965887
ID: 965887 UPC: 661120658870
View More Items by: Frankford Arsenal
Availability in stock, 13 Available
The Frankford Arsenal Cartridge Overall Length Gauge is the perfect tool for any reloader who is looking to determine their Cartridge Overall Length for a given rifle in a matter of minutes.
Fits: Most Bolt Action Rifles
Function: Determine the bullet seating for the rifle being used
Notes: 1/4" or smaller diameter cleaning rod needed (Sold Separately)
Kit Includes: Two Clamps that will attach to any 1/4" or smaller cleaning rod
- Install the appropriated caliber size tip on the end of the cleaning rod (sold separately)
- Insert the cleaning rod down the barrel until there is contact with the bolt face then install one clamp
- Remove the bolt and drop a bullet (projectile only) into the chamber
- Hold the bullet against the rifling with a pencil, touch the bullet tip with the cleaning rod tip and install the other clamp
- Now measure the inside distance between the two clamps with calipers(sold separately) and record the measurement
- The measurement taken can be used as a gauge to check the seating depth setup during the reloading sequence and will tell you the maximum length you can seat bullets until the hit the lands of the rifle barrel
* Cartridge shown in image not included.